Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Savion Glover, or: Why I Chose Tap Dancing over BYU Basketball

Last night I had the opportunity to watch Savion Glover and his group Bare Soundz perform in the DeJong Conert Hall in the Harris Fine Art Center on BYU's campus.  While most of the other students were filing into the Marriot Center for BYU Men's Basketball (which I love more than most things in this world), I was heading to the HFAC.  It had been a stressful, sick day, but from the moment we walked into the auditorium, nothing else mattered.  Three simple wood platforms, three genius dancers on taps...and one amazing evening.  It's something you have to see for yourself.



And while I'm in the mood of amazing tap dancers, this is possibly my favorite clip from from favorite old-school tapper.  Thank you Gene Kelly, for being amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment