Tuesday, November 22, 2011

On Modesty

*A note to readers: See an updated response to this post here.

I stumbled across this today and found it highly interesting.  There are many times I wish I could wear things I might consider more "attractive", or just plain more comfortable.  (Off-the-shoulder blouses being high on the list...)  And while I don't think that women should have to take the full responsibility for the way that men think, we should be aware of the messages we are sending by how we dress.  We really do teach men how to treat us by the way we choose our apparel.

"When a girl covers herself up, she reveals more of herself to us, because you reveal to us that there's more to you girls than just your bodies."

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmm... interesting! Who is this? Also, I wonder if part of the reason guys' brains are wired that way is due to societal or biological reasons?

    ReplyDelete