Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Perception

I loathe how much I care about other people's perception of me.  I hate that in making decisions for my future, I have to constantly fight against what I think others' perceptions of my choices will be.  And the funny thing is, I play into it.  I worry that others don't take my major seriously, that they don't believe that what I'm studying is important and valuable- and yet I constantly demean it myself.  And it's not just in my education that this is an issue.  I am acutely aware of how little the world thinks of mothers who stay home with their children, so while that is one of my greatest desires in life, I often feel that it's not enough- or at least that it won't be enough for others.

But here's the thing:
If it's enough for me, and more importantly, if it's enough for God, then why should it matter?

1 comment:

  1. I think sometimes we'd be surprised at how many people realize the awesomeness we have that we personally rarely notice or brush off altogether, especially in your case :).

    ReplyDelete