Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Typewriter

Ever since I was a little girl, I have wished for a magic typewriter.  I wanted a typewriter that could hook up to my brain and write out my thoughts as they happened.  Then, later, I could go through the pages and pages of thoughts if I ever needed to remember how I worded something in my thoughts.  Often, when I think things, I am worried that I won't be able to remember them as eloquently as they were first thought.  That's where the typewriter would come in handy.
This is a week I've really longed for the typewriter.  With so little free time and so, so many thoughts, it would have come in handy.  But, alas, I don't have the fair typewriter to save me from my human failings.  So, if I were to have a typewriter, these are the main topics that would come up this week/today:

Opening Night.  Fantastic.
Stress, busy, but loving it.
Boys. New. Old. Fun.
People, isolation. Hope.
Criminal psychology.
Loving my job.
Potential for money. FAFSA.
Friends. Grateful.
Headaches.
Falling asleep on the couch.
Lie to Me.
Celiac. Nosebleeds.

So much is happening in my life right now.  I don't ever really feel like I can keep on top of it all...but I love it nonetheless.  Just when I was starting to think that my life was heading on a downward trajectory again, I am filled with love, laughter, and hope.

What is life, if not a roller coaster of joy, tragedy, and the apathetic moments in between?  I choose to cherish it.  Even the moments when I'm plunging straight down and screaming my head off.  Because even if I spent 80% of the ride screaming, I still want to ride again when I get off.

No comments:

Post a Comment