Friday, March 18, 2011

4 teeth less wise

Yesterday:
I got my wisdom teeth out about an hour ago.  Currently I'm half drooling blood and numbing both sides of my face with an ice pack.  I used laughing gas for the first time in my life, and I really don't think it had an effect on me.  I feel like I can't stop smiling.  My roommate didn't even acknowledge me when I came home...I thought that something like this would at least warrant a sympathy response.  But a new good guyfriend picked me up from my appointment and took me to the pharmacy to pick up my drugs.  He was really sweet about it all, and it was really appreciated by this girl.  Good friends can make all the difference.  When he picked me up, he told me I didn't look nearly as bad as he did when he got his taken out, and then he told me not to worry, I didn't have to talk.  So we shared quite a few nice silences, and he told me little bits about himself and his day.  And, even though I'm half drooling blood, he invited me over to watch the game later.  Seriously, it is so nice to have a good friend.

Last Night:
My step mom, dad, and little brother are probably going to come out to pick me up from school next month.  I am still struggling to believe that I really have family that cares about me.  I think I'm going to spend most of this summer at home- it isn't what I was planning on, but the more I think about it, the more I realize how good it could be for me, and for them.

Today:
I woke up with cheeks that had expanded to chipmunk size and blasting pain.  School was a no-go, but I did get quite a few hours of work in.  Tonight I decided to venture out for a dollar movie...and I wish I hadn't, but lesson learned.  Hopefully my swelling will do DOWN tonight instead of UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment