Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saturday Night Manifesto

I believe in days that start out poorly with unlimited potential.  I believe in long hours of work doing what you love.  I believe in ideals, questions, and being honest about your uncertainties.  I believe in telling the truth to your children, even about Santa Claus.  I believe in bacon cheeseburgers and fries that taste like whole potatoes.  I believe in good friends who love you, and for some reason it's okay not to know exactly what that means.  I believe in quiet uncertainty about what matters most, and solid security in the basics.  I believe in working hard, playing hard, and dreaming big.  I believe in sunrises, sunsets, and rain.  I believe in hot Arizona days and the beauty of a frozen world covered in white.  I believe in the spirit of the law.  I believe in authenticity.  I believe in scars, overprotective parents, challenging the stereotypes and changing the endings.  I believe in believing in something.

No comments:

Post a Comment