Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Songs

Today I haven't gotten everything done I've needed to, but I've gotten the mental and emotional rejuvenation I've needed.  I am so grateful for the people in my life who are seeing me through right now.  I owe you the world, and someday I'll be able to give it back to you.  For real.

For now, the songs that are defining my journey.

Lincoln Park: Iridescent
Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failure's all you've known.
Remember all the sadness and frustration,
and let it go.
Let it go.


He is We: And Run
Filling my head with words to encourage me,
Gotta get my act straight so I can truly believe.
That's what I'm waiting for, is really worth the wait.
Stop bringing myself down,
I gotta know what makes me great.

I'm going to open my mind to all these,
New found exciting possibilities.

I'm trying to get past this,
Be better than I once was.

Draw a map, find a path
Take a breath and run.


And finally, what I wish I could remember every day amid all the other voices in my head.
Beautiful to Him
I define myself and find my beauty in 
the light He gives.
I'm refined by His divine intentions every day I live
It doesn't matter what the world believes
or what they say that beauty means.
It comes from within
I want to be beautiful to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment