Thursday, January 12, 2012

This I Know

God answers prayers.  He even answers questions that don't quite seem like prayers.

Love is the most important thing.  In fact, it is THE thing.  And there's a reason why the first 2 Commandments happen in the order they do.  

The best way to put life in perspective is to spend some time serving others.  When the universe isn't just revolving around me, things make more sense and life is easier to handle and prioritize.  

Laughter IS the best medicine.  But sometimes you don't need medicine in the traditional sense, but rather the kind that coats your insides with peace.

I will sing my children to sleep.  If they wake up with nightmares, I will let them crawl into bed with me.  If they can't sleep, I will stay by their bedside to remind them they are safe and loved.  My home will be a place of hugs, music, and reading.

It is okay to be quiet.  
Sometimes it is just time to listen,
even if that means listening to the silence.

(And a random plug for my favorite violinist.  Best music for getting to sleep.)

1 comment:

  1. "but rather the kind that coats your insides with peace." - Sometimes, I just bow to your words. And I <3 you.

    ReplyDelete