Saturday, January 28, 2012

sunsets, granola, and girl's choice

Today I was going through my camera and realized I never got around to sharing this amazing sunset with the world.  I did, however, get to share it with my amazing friend Hannah.

And now with you!



 And my granola turned out fantastic!  

Just in case you're interested, here's what I did:

First, I covered the counter with these wonderful ingredients:
  • 4 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2(ish) teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1(ish) tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
I combined all of those lovely things (except for the cranberries) and then spread them on a cookie sheet and stuck them in a 300 degree oven.  Every 10 minutes or so I stirred things up, just to make sure there weren't any massive clumps.  After about 45 minutes I took them out, stirred in the cranberries, and viola!

Aren't you jealous?


Also...last night was the girl's choice Winter Ball.  After some serious contemplation (er...procrastination), I finally decided to ask my fantastic boyfriend.  And then my wonderful roommate snatched this picture of us:


*sigh*

I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment