Monday, April 9, 2012

Grateful Irony

I find it slightly comforting that today I have to prepare a presentation on the research regarding Gratitude in Organizations.  Because if there's something I haven't been today, it's grateful.  So just for fun....did you know?

Gratitude has been consistently shown to lead to:

More regular exercise
Fewer physical symptoms
Better sleep quality
Feeling more connected to others
Increased Optimism, Alertness, Enthusiasm, Determination, Assertiveness, and Energy
Better conflict management and increased problem solving skills

I have so much to be grateful for.  My nearly impeccable health.  Education.  Supportive friends.  Mending family relationships.  Constant learning and growing.  Knowledge of things spiritual and eternal.  A relationship with deity.  Truth.  Sunshine.  Mountains to climb.  Pictures to color.  Books to read.  The list could continue forever.  I'm making a goal to be more grateful.  I don't have to be stronger- but I do need to step back and appreciate the small, beautiful moments in life.

Because after all, those are the things that matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment