Saturday, April 14, 2012

the furthest distance i've ever known is from my head to my heart

You know those moments?
...when your heart aches so bad and you know exactly what you want to do- like running out into the rainstorm to catch someone even though you're only wearing short sleeves and no shoes and your hair is a mess, but it doesn't matter because you know it's what you must do because your heart feels so strongly that you can't think, and it's all worth it for that one moment in which everything suddenly feels like it will be okay again.  Yeah, those ones.

But those moments are so often overshadowed by the moments that remind me the importance of perspective. That if I did everything I felt right in the moment, too many harsh words would be said and there would never be quiet time to learn and grow.

So here's to perspective.  Something I'm sucking at right now.  So clearly something I need to work on.

Here's to progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment