Friday, December 9, 2011

Potential

I found this short video today from the MissRepresentation campaign.  (See the original video about MissRepresentation and by post about it here.)  Women truly are many of these things, and so are men.  What I wish for my children and for the world is the ability to be what they know they need to be, and not confined to the boxes that society would put them in.  My favorite quote from the clip was this:

"Our greatest power is our ability to change."

And it is so true.  The most significant negative impact society has is it's ability to tell us we must (or can't) be a certain way.  Who is society to tell us what are we?  Who is society to define what we will become?  The most amazing thing about people is how much potential we have to be always changing, progressing, and moving forward.  The people in my life who succor me and lift me up- they do it because they believe in my potential, not what I currently am.  If all we saw in people is where they are in one moment, we miss the big picture.  One moment cannot capture a person's soul.  Only looking for their divine potential can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment