Friday, October 14, 2011

stop and stare

Last night when I finally got home from campus in the wee hours of the evening, I collapsed on the grass outside my apartment, sinking into the ground and soaking up the breathtaking sky.  That deep into the night, the sky was a brilliant shade of deepest blue that seemed to be glowing by the light of an almost full moon.  The same moonlight that lit up the tip of an aspen tree, reflecting the many hues of reds, yellows, and oranges that strike meaning into life and fire into my soul.  And just above me was my protector tree, a strong silver-tip pine, determined, and yet gentle with the purest brightness and it's scent reminding me of home.  Music blasting in my ears and thoughts weighing on my mind...in that moment, I felt encapsulated in Father's love.  In His plan.  In the beauty and magnificence that is this world.

I'm grateful for a moment like that.  Just as I'm grateful for the girl I met in the temple this morning and was able to give a ride home, the stress relieving runs that allow me to prove how strong I am, and the inspirational friend who has shown more spiritual growth than I ever thought possible.  These are the moments that make life worth living.  Notice them, hold onto them, and live them.  Otherwise, we'll miss out on what life is really about.

No comments:

Post a Comment