Monday, July 11, 2011

Perspective

Over the past few days, I have learned an important lesson that has changed the way I see the world.  A few afternoons ago, after feeling down on myself and frustrated with life, it suddenly hit me:
Try a different perspective.

So I did.
I picked up my bicycle, and did something I haven't done since I was in elementary school.  I went for a bike ride.  Ben and I rode as far up the trail as my legs could handle, and then came soaring back down.  Somewhere in the midst of trying to distract myself from the burning of my thighs, I discovered that the situation I was in had multiple vantage points.  I just happened to have chosen the most selfish one.  It may seem simple, but it really was: I found a distraction, cleared my head, and chose to see the situation in a way that allowed me to feel better and give more.

The way we view our lives is entirely dependent on how we choose to view them.  It's all about Perspective.  So why not choose one that allows us to live and love more fully?  How awesome is it that we have that power?  In fact, how we view our lives is the only thing we are in complete control of.  I'm not perfect, but I'm trying to use that power for the best.  And so far, it's working.

I am honestly so happy.

As I've been thinking about Perspective the past few days, I've tried my hand at some pictures that capture different viewpoints.  Just for fun. : )

Innocence

Sometimes I forget to back up, and I miss the bigger picture.

teasing, tingly goodness

Personal Mantral: In Progress

The elegant simplicity of this Daisy blew me away.

Backyard.  i'm so lucky.

Lion King, anyone?

One man's trash...

Eclectic.

Dialectical Thinking.
Try it.

2 comments: