Monday, September 26, 2011

Grateful

My pet peeve is when stores put out Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving.  It is the one holiday we have where we get to celebrate all that we are grateful for in our lives, and it is so often overshadowed by consumerism.

Tonight, I am overwhelmed by all that I have to be grateful for.

I had a most productive day, and was able to get through 11 hours of school with a clear mind and fervent determination.  Friends found their way into my life this evening in random bits and pieces, but just enough to keep me on track and remembering to focus on others.  My amazing roommate and her editing skills helped me with a paper I've been struggling with, and somehow managed to give me exactly the direction I needed.  A beautiful night walk to the store to pick up some limes was just right tonight to feel cared about without being a distraction.  My daddy and step-mom are coming into town this weekend.  And it's General Conference!

my life is beautiful, busy, and perfect.  I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I am so grateful you are my roommate. And I don't say this often enough, but thank you, thank you, for so often giving me words of validation, since those are more important to me than I think I had previously realized (that sounds kind of odd, but hopefully it makes sense). I have never enjoyed so much rooming with someone, or felt so at home and loved in an apartment. You are the best. I am grateful you were basically born.

    ReplyDelete