Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mold, Celiac, Strawberries

So...want to hear a little story?  Yesterday, I finally got around to putting my sheets back on my bed after washing them.  When I pulled my mattress away from the wall, I found this strange black residue.  So I pulled it out further.  And then I pulled out the box springs.  Guess what I found?  MOLD.  Lots and lots of mold.  Our landlady's response? "Oh, it happens every year.  Don't worry about it."  Well...needless to say, I am a little worried.  *sigh*

Yesterday I had a five hour discussion with some new friends.  Thanks to them, a white board, and multiple scripture references, I feel like I now have a good understanding on the difference between the Light of Christ and the Holy Ghost.  And then we talked a lot about the differences between men and women.  Being the only girl there, I was a little unrepresented!  Also, one of them tried really hard to convince me that I'm celiac.  Not sure that I buy it, but I do think it warrants some thought.

I've taken to trying some new recipes recently.  There are my two favorites!

Honey Mustard Asparagus with Rosemary Mashed Potatoes

Spinach Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
(Isn't it pretty?!)


So yeah.  That's a bit of the practical updates of my life of late.  This week will be crazy: tech week, lots of work and gearing up for midterms.  Up and onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment