Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love is a Decision

I don't know what to say to you.  I find myself in this spot so often, a chalk circle in the middle of the room, burying myself in my arms so I can avoid your expectant gaze.  No one wants to hurt me, but the expectations burn into my soul so deep that I cannot separate desire from duty.  Do not love me so quickly, for I am not one to requite it before I have had thought to question it.  All your good qualities bring out the worst in me, that for which I admire you churns to bitterness in my inability to be as you are.  Sit with me, relax.  Find a moment to draw out your soul and show me who you are when no one's looking.  Forget the world, unearth the depths of your soul that let me feel as though you understand pain.  I need to know that I am not falling into the arms of one who has no experience with falling.  You need not catch me, but fall right alongside, as together we learn to fly.

Are you willing to learn to fly with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment