Thursday, January 20, 2011

Food

I'm sick of it.  Actually, I'm sick of hearing about it.  I'm done listening to talk about eating disorders, unhealthy eating, obesity, and everything food and body image related.  I don't want everything food related in my mind to be inextricably tied with the way I look.

So, today I took a walk to the grocery store.  I walked up and down the isles, and I looked at what I wanted to eat.  At what sounded good to me.  And I ended up buying two Naked fruit smoothies and a bag of mini oreos.  I don't feel guilty about it.  I am excited that I have food to eat that makes me happy, that makes me feel good.

Last weekend I ate at Mimi's Cafe, my favorite restaurant.  I had the artichoke asiago chicken spaghettini, and it was the most delicious meal I have eaten in ages.  And I enjoyed it.

From here on out, I refuse to view myself the way anyone else tells me I should.  I'm beautiful because I am healthy, happy, and confident.  No amount of society imposed food, exercise, or lack thereof, should affect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment