Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Catchup- through Day 20

I slack, this I know.  So here's some (very grateful) catchup:

17: Health
On Saturday, I ran my first ever race.  It was only a 5K, but after injuring my knees while prepping for a half marathon earlier this year, I was so grateful to have healthy, strong legs that allowed me to finish.

18: Friends
I seriously have some of the most incredible friends.  I love talking to them and I am so grateful for all they do for me.  I just love being able to call up/come home to so many lovely, authentic people.

19: Dentists
I write this one a bit begrudgingly, but it's true.  I was cursed with awful genes for teeth, and if it weren't for modern technology most of  my mouth probably would have fallen out by now.  I may have a nervous breakdown every time I go to the dentist, but at least I have a mouthful of teeth!

20: Road Trips!
Sadek, Laura and I are driving down to Arizona today, and I'm excited! It may be a grueling 11 hour drive, but at least I get to make it with people I love, music I enjoy, and snacks!  Let the Thanksgiving-ness begin!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap - what the heck?! You said it wasn't a big deal the morning of. You never said it was your first race. I am even more distressed I didn't get cute pictures of you before and after. I am requesting that you pose before and after you go running at some point in the same clothes you wore (we can always make them sweaty with water bottles though) and claim them as fact. Really, I love you, and am so sad I didn't realize that. I'm a jerk.

    ReplyDelete