Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Role Models

We have a lot of unrealistic role models in our world.  Ads, movies, even the people around us can lead us to set unrealistic expectations and focus on the things that don't really matter that much.  I'm sick of bad role models, ones who teach us to be materialistic and picture perfect at all costs.  So instead, I'd like to share a video about a girl who I think could be a better role model.

Most of my close friends/family have heard me rant about how sad I am that Nellie got kicked off of The Glee Project (go ahead, laugh at my obsession), but I think this video can give you a pretty good idea why.  She wasn't all about looks, she wasn't fake, and I believe she had the potentially to be a really good example for girls about forming your own definitions of attraction, etc. based on things that are more important.

2 comments:

  1. While I'm pretty foreign to this show, and Glee in general, this is an outstanding video. Wish there were more girls out there that thought like this. Thanks so much for sharing! Hope your summer has been going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this video so much - and now share your sadness that she got kicked off Glee, even though I have no idea what it really is.

    ReplyDelete