Friday, July 6, 2012

A better perspective

I am not the most beautiful girl in the world, but I am pretty.

I am not the best athlete, but I enjoy sports and have a natural competitive drive.

I am not the smartest person at this University, but I have good writing and problem solving skills.

I am not the hardest worker, but I do work hard and try to find time to relax.

I am not the best cook, but I make food for those I love.

I am not always the most careful with finances, but I'm learning how to budget and be frugal.

I will not be the best mother, but I will do the best with what I know.

I am not the best at everything, but I am the best at being me.

And I am enough.  

1 comment:

  1. Allow me to present a rebuttal.

    You are not pretty, you are the most beautiful girl in the world, with luscious eyes, sultry locks, and a very tempting neck.

    You may not be in the Olympics, but you can throw a mean basketball, catch frisbee well, and out-trashtalk the best "No Rest" team.

    You are the smartest person at this university in your collected expertise. I guarantee you will not find anyone else with the same skill set you have.

    You are quite possibly one of the hardest workers I have ever met.

    You make the best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies that ever crossed this planet.

    You can feed two people (one of them a boy) for less than $200 a month. Savvy that.

    You give the best hugs, are the best at stroking hair and speaking in a soothing voice, and are incredibly good at making people cry when they need to.

    You are the best at everything that is important in life, because you are in motion.

    I love you, and will miss you much. Get back here alive.

    ReplyDelete