Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February starts with Learning

Here's what I know today:

I love being productive.  The only way I really feel okay about relaxing is if I've spent more of the day being busy than any normal, sane human being.  And tonight I felt great about it.

It's getting a little weird that by the time I get home from school my roommates are usually asleep...

God is good.  He knows me.  He knows exactly how stressed I am, and He's giving me the tools to get the answers I need.

That said, I've got some serious decisions coming up here.  Four major ones I can count right now, in the following categories:

  1. Emotional stability
  2. Future relationships
  3. Present vocational choices
  4. Future educational and career choices
The interesting thing is that I never seem to be confused about spiritual choices.  Rather, those are the choices I just need to keep consistently making that allow me to know what to do in all of the other areas.

I have an epic plan for tomorrow, and if it works I am going to be a very, very happy girl.  And if it doesn't, I'm sure something else will happen that I will get to learn from.  

Finally, I'm learning about being wrong.  I'm learning that mistakes don't necessarily mean you need to feel guilty-sometimes they're just mistakes.  And that being wrong isn't always-or even usually-a bad thing.  Because recognizing that you're wrong means you've realized an area in which to grow, a way you can improve relationships, or a new way of looking at the world.  It means greater understanding.

Yeah, I know it's from the Vampire Diaries. 
 I've never seen the show (and don't want to), but the song resonated with what I'm learning tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment