Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy Eyes

In the past month or so I've been frustrated by the idea of beauty and physical attraction.  I'm commandeering a blog post from a friend here, but it sort of changed by life today.  So here's her answer:
"Sometimes, when I look at my accomplishments, like a skinned elbow from a mountain trail, I feel pretty pathetic compared to beauty like [the Beauty and Belief] exhibits.  But when I think about it, the most beautiful thing about people, is when they are happy.  And whether that legacy is a bloody elbow or a beautiful stitching, people were happy--and happy eyes are the most beautiful thing. Happy eyes are the reason we make beautiful things- and as long as we are making eyes happy (ours or someone else's), we are making beauty."
Happy eyes ARE the reason we make beautiful things.  And the glorious part of this is that beauty is subjective- gloriously so.  Because of this, everything is beautiful to someone.  Everyone and everything has a place, and the diversity of expression and desire is what makes our world so rich with beautiful difference.

1 comment:

  1. :) did you know that you make my eyes happy most every day?

    ReplyDelete