Sunday, May 8, 2011

non-paternal parent's 24 hour period.

This day is not an easy one for me.  It is confusing, guilt-ridden, and...complicated.  It is one in which it seems everyone else is out to remind me of what it is I so desperately want, but can't have.

I've tried hard to come to terms with this day.  And this is what it means to me:

Today, I honor the women in my life who have helped me become who I am.  I appreciate those who have helped me along my path, in finding it, sticking to it, and taking breaks along the way.  These women have come in many forms in my life: my close friends, who inspire me daily with the women they are becoming; the parents of my friends, who have taken me into their homes; my step-mom, who loves, accepts, and teaches me; teachers who have nurtured me; extended family who have opened their arms to me in confusing times; a sister who has become one of my very best friends; room mates and future room mates, who are there for me when life sucks at inconvenient moments; and all of those women who have touched and taught me by their simple anonymous examples of grace, sacrifice, and strength.  And my mother, for the good things she has brought into my life.

Today, I thank you all for being examples, and for giving me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment