Monday, June 24, 2013

inspiration from Celeste's thesis

I had a long, grueling day at work today- 11 straight hours without a lunch break.
My head hurts like nobody's business, and I can't seem to find enough protein in this place to quiet my rumbling stomach.
I'm fighting the despair that it's only Monday, and I'm already loathing the idea of waking up and doing this all over again tomorrow.

And yet, I realize that I can "choose to persuade myself otherwise".  I can find the joy in my work- I can realize that I am in fact quite excited about passing off my Phase III qualification, taking a stab at beating the phone record, and laughing with some of our more congenial clients.  I can rejoice in my ability to discover and solve problems, eat delicious free food, and then come home to an apartment of kind friends.  I can look forward to Hannah's visit next week, real time with friends, and quiet time to ponder.

Thanks, Aristotle.

No comments:

Post a Comment