Thursday, April 4, 2013

television shift

I was reading an article on how to decrease the amount of TV in your life today, and I had a shocking realization: In the past month, I've watched almost no television.

And guess what?  I don't miss it.  I feel stronger and healthier, have less headaches, sleep better, spend more quality time with people I love, and get more done.

Why? Because when my life is full of good things, I don't turn to television as a way to dull out the meaninglessness.  When I have meaningful experiences awaiting me, sitting in front of a screen doesn't hold the same enticement.

And look at all the new things I've had time for in the past month!
-pi parties
-country Dancing
-opera
-MOA visits
-reading
-long strolls
-hikes
-running
-BYU Easter conference
-figure Skating
-consistent scripture study
-institute
-discussions about ideas
-classical music
-international cinema
-Shakespeare
-waterfall-climbing
-magic shows
-weekly temple visits
-card and board games
-journal writing
-service opportunities

There is so much more to life than watching other people live it.  And I'm so grateful I'm remembering that.

No comments:

Post a Comment