Thursday, January 3, 2013

Two Towers

So often I find my world shaking and crumbling. I make mistakes. I feel guilt. I suffer the consequences of those I love making choices that lead to pain. I struggle to assess and reassess how to live and learn. I pour my soul out in words only to discover I've been muted by pain or pride. So I offer myself through warmth and softness, and those too are lost in the rubble of doubt and fear.

And yet, amidst the wreckage, I find that two things stand firm: truth and love. While it may feel as though you drop pebbles into a bottomless well, there is hope. Standards to truth will always arise to clear the fog. Love that is given accumulates to form intangible bonds of strength that eventually become too strong to deny. If you search hard enough, you will always find truth. And if you love long enough, it will always make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment